Views: 5945|Replies: 0

Name: Daniel Duan Email:duan0806@126.com [Copy link] 中文

anonymoustext  Post time 2009-11-16 18:01:23
I found some errors in this article and hereby put forward my correction for discussion with each other.
I), In the first sentence: “Shanghai: Visiting US President Barack Obama said here on Monday that his administration fully supports the one-China policy.”The main body is in the past time while that clause shall be in the past time, too. In addition, as we know, USA has always support the policy of Taiwan Independence although Obama said his “administration fully supports the one-China policy,” As the article in the national-level newspaper, we shall not say what Obama said. I think it is better to correct the sentence as follows:
Shanghai: Visiting US President Barack Obama said here on Monday that his administration would like to support the one-China policy fully.”The corrected sentence expresses Obama’s willingness to support the one-China policy.
II) In the following sentence: ““Obama told an audience of more than 500 local youths, many of whom students from Fudan University and Tongji University.”The second part is an error sentence because “whom” and “students” refer to the same thing (the students), and there is no verb in the second part. Therefore, it shall be corrected as follows:
“Obama told an audience of more than 500 local youths, many of whom come/are from Fudan University and Tongji University.”
III) The same error occurs in the following sentence: “The ongoing event attracted more than 100 reporters, the large majority of whom from the US and the rest from China.”Therefore, it shall be corrected as:
The ongoing event attracted more than 100 reporters, the large majority of whom are/come from the US and the rest from China.
IV) There are the duplicate words in the sentence: “US ambassador to China said, "the timing could not be better" for increasing bilateral relations at the 30th anniversary of diplomatic relations ties.”As “relations” and “ties” refer to the same thing, too.
The above is my individual opinions, I will be very pleased if someone correct the errors in my translation.
Thanks.

Use magic tools

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.