Views: 109902|Replies: 4

We must recover the natural environment [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2020-4-6 18:22:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2020-4-6 18:23

Frogs are hero creatures those can kill many pests for their food in fields to protect crops.  In China we have such a proverb: After hearing frogs' singing, you will be served with white buns in 100 days.  ( In my childhood the frogs would shout in loud voice after Spring raining. Farmers enjoyed the scene since that was an early fortune signal for a good wheat harvest. )

It is a pity for that we can seldom see a frog in the countyside due to the modern management of agriculture. Farmers have used too much chemical poisons to kill pests at the sametime the useful creatures have become rare and rare. The ponds around the village are dry and dirty those are no longer as lonely as before (where I could swim  and catch fish for fun. )

This reminds President Xi‘s conclusion: The green rivers and forest-covered mountains are the resource of gold and silver.  It wil take us a long time to recover the natural environment that I think.

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-4-6 23:47:07 |Display all floors

Frogs are the new canary in the coal mine.

frogmatters.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/canary-in-the-coal-mine-are-frogs-warning-us-about-whats-in-our-air/
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-4-7 09:44:04 |Display all floors
my village in nineteen-seventy or so

Only visible to myself2014-3-7 22:48 |System category:[color=rgb(153, 153, 153) !important]Economy| [color=rgb(153, 153, 153) !important]home, [color=rgb(153, 153, 153) !important]town, [color=rgb(153, 153, 153) !important]house

The  village   is  small , surrounded  with  bushes     and trees    of    poplar   ,  willow  and    peach  .   The  small  houses      are    built  of   earth  walls    and   few   bricks   .    The   wooden  door   is  thick  and  heavy   while   the  wooden  window  is  sticked   with   a  sheet  of   white  paper .  The  indoor  air   always   is   fresh   since   you  would  see  several  narrow   openings   around   the  door   when   it  is  shut . The  room  temperature  always   is  similar   with  the  outside  even  in  cold  winter  .   Usually   the  door  keeps   open   during   daytime  . If   you  shut  it  ,  the     middle   room    of   the  house   becomes   dark .   The   walls  are    sticked  with    paper  pictures   showing  a    red   fish     or   a   fat  child   and  so  on.      People    burn   dried  stalks   to  cook   meal  with   the  pot  at   the  corner  of  the  middle  room  .       The   smoked  walls  and   ceiling    gives   out    special   smelling   that  always  reminds   me  the  good  taste  of  my  simple  food    and   feel  very  comfortable   in   the  sense  of  being  at  home .  Laying  down  the  short   table   in  the  middle  of  the  floor  and   very  near  to  the  pot ,  all  family   members   sit   around  the  table  and    begin   enjoying   the  steaming   sweet potato     porridge  and   the   golden   corn-buns   with       pieces   of   salted  turnip .       Occasionally   we     could  have  got   some  vegitables   with  the  changing  of  the  seasons  .
          father   fetches   drinking   water   from   the   well    far  away  from  home ,  with  two  wooden  barrels   and  a  wooden  stick   on  shoulder  .     The  well   is   about    eight- meter- deep    and   was   dug   by  my  father  and    other  villagers .  

(The above was my early blog through which you can sense the old living style.  I remember that the lowest air temperature often reached minus 14 degree-centigrade in winter and on the ground you could see many narrow gaps anywhere.  Boys and girls skated on the thick ice in the pond.  Snowing and raining were plenty enough to feed the crops. But now as the Globe has been warmed up, all have become remote memory. )

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-4-7 11:41:12 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2020-4-6 23:47
Frogs are the new canary in the coal mine.

Thanks for your feedback information.  Frogs are also experts on swimming from whom human athletes have learned a lot on the skill.  Many wild animals own natural super abilities those may be beyond our imagination. Those birds are architectors who can build nests on the top of trees which are strong  enough to bear the wind and raining; The yellow weasel can eat up thousands rats in a year;  And so on.  The problem is that  human beings are so  greedy tbat we have occupied too much space of the Globe leaving little for other creatures.  If the situation goes on, how can human live without the exsitting of the other lives?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2020-4-8 12:18:03 |Display all floors
                                                     How magic is the nature-forceIn Chinese dictionary there is a special word which refers to ‘lightning’.  Why?  Its top is 雨 (rain)with the two horizon lines representing cloud layers and the four dots should be the water drops from the sky.  The lightning can spit the ground into pieces which scene looks like the shape of 田. Then how to understand the huge ‘hook’  from the clouds to the underground? The bright lightning seems like ‘dragon’ who is born from the heaven and comes down to the mortal world and disappears as soon as he touches the ground.  Now, we can sense the power of nature force which no one can resist!

The present novel coronavirus is so terrible that all Globe citizens are shavering when driven by its magic force! The influence is greater than any nuclear bomb in scale. The invisible creature from the nature has been teaching us a good lesson on environment-protection!

Human being is only one sort of the millions kinds of creatures in the world. We should not be too bold before the gods. (The  Tibetan people belive that every object has its own spirit who always teach kids to respect the gods of the mountain and river. They seldom wash clothes and never pour dirty water into the river in afraid of making the water-god angry! )But in the modern society, we have overused too much natural materials.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.