Views: 2206|Replies: 13

Trump signs pro-Hong Kong rights bill into law [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-11-28 15:42:45 |Display all floors
1.  John Fritze has covered politics for nearly two decades and is now a White House correspondent for USA TODAY.

The following are excerpts from his November 27, 2019 news report headlined "Trump signs bipartisan bill aimed at supporting Hong Kong protesters amid trade talks".

(Begin excerpts)
WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump signed bipartisan legislation Wednesday aimed at supporting protesters in Hong Kong, ignoring warnings from Beijing that the measure would be met with "strong countermeasures" during a standoff over trade.

The bill, which won near unanimous approval in Congress, would require officials to annually re-consider special treatment Hong Kong receives from the U.S., including trade rules that have helped elevate the city to a global financial power.

Lawmakers in both parties have sought to signal support for the protesters, who for months have taken to the streets to demonstrate against what they view as China's encroachment on the city's autonomy.  Pro-democracy candidates won major gains in Hong Kong elections over the weekend...

"I signed these bills out of respect for President Xi, China, and the people of Hong Kong," Trump said in a statement. "They are being enacted in the hope that leaders and representatives of China and Hong Kong will be able to amicably settle their differences leading to long term peace and prosperity for all."...  (End excerpts)

2.  Using the "Psycho" analogy for the signing of the so-called pro-Hong Kong rights bill, the Psycho recovered from his heel injury after three months of recuperation.  After leading his victim to an open space outside his castle, he ordered his servants to cuff and shackle the victim's hands and feet for the second phase of the duel.

Giving his victim a wicked smile, the Psycho said:  "Sorry, I have to bind you hand and foot out of respect for you.  This will be the duel of the century."

The victim retorted:  "Out of respect for me?!  What a joke!"

The Psycho laughed:  "Don't work yourself up over nothing."

The victim shouted:  "According to our agreement, I am allowed to use my legs freely for the second phase of the duel, but you skip to phase four instead."

The Psycho said:  "As far as I can remember, you are supposed to be bound hand and foot for the second phase of the duel.  If you think there is any deviation from the truth, there must be something wrong with your ears."

The victim said:  "You have the exceptional talent of telling lies fearlessly in front of a lie detector."

The Psycho laughed:  "How can an honorable man like me tell any lie?"

The victim replied:  "The media have been keeping a huge database of your false or misleading claims since you became the leader of your clan."

The Psycho exclaimed:  "Fake news!  Fake news!  Fake news everywhere!"

The victim laughed:  "To you, all bad reports about you are fake news."

The Psycho winked and said:  "Keep calm, my friend, keep calm.  I have told others many times that you are my friend.  We shall always be friends, no matter what happens with our dispute.”

The victim laughed bitterly:  "You are talking with your head in the cloud and your mouth at your very bottom.  You have the cheek to call me your friend when you can't even pronounce my name correctly.  Whenever you mispronounce my name, you seem to see me as a delicious piece of cheese for breakfast."

Donald Trump's infamous Hitler-style rabble-rousing chants:  "Lock her up!  Lock her up!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 02:05:05 |Display all floors
Trump and his gangster American politicians are treating President Xi and the Chinese nation like some 4th rate bankrupt state living on American aid. But the opposite is the truth; for China is the banker to a bankrupt USA living on borrowed time and Chinese limited patience.

Xi should not accept the American ignorance and Trump's insults.
Wiping the spit from ones face with a clean fresh smelling handkerchief cannot be a solution to American'a increasing aggression and bully tactic aim at China.

If Xi gives in to Trump's insolence, by signing a one-sided trade deal under duress, Xi will continue to be treated like an obedient donkey at all future international economic, military and trade negotiations with a US participation.

Xi should tell the Trump in no uncertain term that Hong Kong is an inseparable part of China, and he and his corrupt American politicians should mind their own business; stop meddling in Hong Kong's domestic affairs.
To reinforce this message, Xi must not sign any trade deal with Trump until all the US instigated WTO violating tariffs are rolled back; the insulting Hong Kong bill get send back to the Senate's toilet cubicles.

If China becomes a little poorer without the US trade deals, so be it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 02:27:42 |Display all floors
These disgusting American politicians are not supporting so called "protestors".
They are rallying and heaping on praises on the most vile, violent terrorists, who have behaved worst than wild animals.

These thugs have been attacking and burning down police stations and MTR stations.
They have set fire to shops and shopping malls.
They were captured on live TV streaming pouring petrol over a citizen and set the poor man to burning alive.

The police called to restore rioting on the street are bombarded with petrol bombs, which were mass produced in the tens of thousands in the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. The PolyU is now better know as a terrorist training institution.

For six months, decent Hong Kong folks have been subjected to road blocks and street closures by the unruly thugs.
When the streets are cleared, the traffic still roll on at a snail's pace, because all the traffic lights and road safety barriers have been vandalised or removed.

These are the mindless violent animals the equally mindless American politicians are giving supports to.

Shame on you, you two-face Americans.
You make me puke.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 11:03:38 |Display all floors
These America Thanksgiving celebration traitors bring shame to the Chinese nation. Screenshot_2019-11-29_022756.jpg
Screenshot_2019-11-29_022818.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 18:30:17 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2019-11-29 11:03
These America Thanksgiving celebration traitors bring shame to the Chinese nation.

They said themselves that they're not Chinese.

The Colonial Regime ruling H.K. at the time took them in  to settle in H.K. because uncle Sam  bombed them out fro their home Country...
    However, time came to repay  the favour and gear up China...
    In by book, they're parasites and should be delivered to uncle Sam together with the  flags they're waving around.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 18:41:42 |Display all floors
The Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019, signed into law by U.S. President Donald Trump, is touted by Congress as a way to deter Beijing's influence and interference in Hong Kong's internal affairs.

Those very silly and stupid Congress fellows thought it was a great fun day but not knowing that China can just simply ignore it, if this bloody shit hits its fence. It is China's Hong Kong and never will be any other forces on earth less so the USA and its crooked politicians, typically a very thick skin and extremely naïve x-Cuban defector Marcos Rubbish who authored the texts of this very shameful Bill. No hero, Marcos, but simply shows to the American folks and worldly folks how bloody stupid and thick face you could be !  

Reminding you silly Congress fellows that HONG KONG is never going to be American and never to be a USA in part nor wholesomely. Hence, Hong Kong affairs are strictly China's internal affairs and out of bound to US's interferences, absolutely in whatever ways.

The USA wanted to trade up to USD$50 Billion with and thru Hong Kong like it did in 2018 is fine but you silly fools can f...u....k it all up !  Trump could be a big sucker ( internal sabotages of your political foes and unseen rivals like Marcos Rubbish who thought it was a great fun )  in the end !  WATCH IT COMING !!

The USA and its politicians must have better things to fix up in the USA ( your own turfs are very dirty needing all sorts of attentions ) and ought to STOP interfering in the Internal Affairs of China's Hong Kong ( hey.. NOT America's Hong Kong ). Don't be too thick face and thick head especially of Marcos Rubbish, Pelosi , others  !!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-11-29 20:09:38 |Display all floors
Americans aren't Hong Kong rioters' grand dads nor grand mums !  Those radicals are crying like a discarded child on the streets being very shameful Chinese blooded fellows or simply are bloody traitors ... .!!  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.