Views: 10821|Replies: 58

Topless Men In Public Places Are An Eyesore!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-9 10:42:59 |Display all floors
Many Chinese men have gone topless in public, a national disgrace and an eyesore!  They don't care to dress decently while in public, continuing the practice of their ancient ancestors, who used to live in rural country homes.  Today, China is a modern society with millions living close to each other in big cities;  bare chests and bare tummies not covered up is an affront to the rights of others in society to a decent environment.  Several cities have laws that forbid such indecent exposure, but they are not strictly enforced, and the semi-naked men are very visible in public!.  Jinan, in Shangdong Province, for instance,  is imposing a fine for indecent exposure. Thumbs up to Jinan; other cities should do likewise to promote decent dress in public, in keeping with China's stature as the world's second largest economy with a 5000 year old civilisation!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 11:19:08 |Display all floors
The so-called Beijing bikini certainly is an eyesore, but it's not illegal to go topless or get one's body partially bared in public.
These days ladies in decolletage are out and about everywhere, and some of the dresses they don leave little to the imagination, shall they also be reprimanded or fined for that?
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 11:54:18 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-7-9 11:19
The so-called Beijing bikini certainly is an eyesore, but it's not illegal to go topless or get one' ...

An eyesore, whichever way you like to view it,  and I am not the only one to say so, many cities have laws forbidding topless men exposing themselves in public, which I support wholeheartedly!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 11:55:40 |Display all floors
The so-called Beijing bikini certainly is an eyesore, but it's not illegal to go topless or get one' ...

Hmm,

The English Bowling Federation changed the dress code allowed men to wear shorts while women have been banned...

I believe men can go topless, BUT they must wear a tie in certain places...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 12:56:04 |Display all floors
Why are Chinese topless men not ashamed to expose themselves indecently in public?  I was having a walk in the public park, and walking towards me was such an ugly sight of a topless man who immediately reminded of the character in the 'Journey to the West', that porky pig of a man,  with a face of a pig and bare chests with sagging breasts!  Not a pleasant sight!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 14:27:07 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-7-9 11:55
Hmm,

The English Bowling Federation changed the dress code allowed men to wear shorts while wo ...

"I believe men can go topless, BUT they must wear a tie in certain places.."

Go topless and wear a tie?  That must look even worse than just being topless!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-9 14:33:19 |Display all floors

" but it's not illegal to go topless or get one's body partially bared in public. "

I am not sure about BJ;  Shengyang has a law forbidding indecent exposure, so have other cities!  BJ should fall in line, being the nation's capital!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.