Views: 41515|Replies: 27

Draw clear picture for students! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-9 18:57:31 |Display all floors
It is normal that everyone loves his or her own national tradition. But it seems that too many Chinese boast that their culture is more deeper or advanced than any other nation's one.  --------Books were written in strange words those often cost you many times of reading to understand! Officials and teachers make speech in flowery words those sound pleasant to ears but mean little for practical use!  ----------Chinese are drunk in expressing their idea in a curved way! -------------This kind of habit has sacrificed a lot for our progress on civilization!

Here Searu thinks we must be modest enough to learn from foreigners on frankly speaking out our mind with easy sentences! Deep science-theory should be taught in oral words with vivid tests; Language-lesson would go like having a chat with kids.   .....

This is problem on working-style that means too much about our efficiency.

All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 19:30:24 |Display all floors
So you want to cheapen Chinese schools to match those of the west.
If you can't understand "strange words" in the Chinese language I think that falls on you, not the school.

Could you please explain what a "vivid test" is and what its opposite would be?
Science is pretty limited to what is true and what is not true.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 21:30:19 |Display all floors

I promised you a reply to a question you had in one of your threads but I lost track of it. Anyway, I can tell you what I wanted to tell you in that reply: If you care for an early good start on a productive learning journey through school, look at how Yew Chung International teaches their children. They start at an early age, say, 2 years. They focus on mother tongue acquisition and foreign languages. Don't be surprised to read that toddlers can learn two languages or more simultaneously. They can. I had to when I was at that age. But at Yew Chung, they teach things from an early age on and stimulate the children's interest. Their secret: Teachers must not direct children. Children tell teachers what they want to learn.

Yew Chung was set up a long time ago and it has always fought against the rote-learning in the local schools. Yew CHung schools have been set up in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing and even in the USA. Try to familiarise yourself with their philosophy. I am sure you will find plenty to think about.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-9 21:32:32 |Display all floors
The title of this thread reminds me that you consider Chinese characters as pictures. DId I tell you that there is an expert in Hong Kong who thinks that pupils with learning difficulties learn Chinese characters faster if they are taught the TRADITIONAL characters first as the traditional characters are more graphic than the simplified ones.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-9 22:19:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-9 19:30
So you want to cheapen Chinese schools to match those of the west.
If you can't understand "strange  ...

I don't fool myself or someone else. It is no use to flatter ourselves if we really want improve the education-situation to compete against our foreign counterparts.  We must have cool fair thinking to evaluate our teaching job in the past and try to find out what is wrong with the schooling-machine.

'Strange words‘ refer to those difficult concept-terms! -----------Explain= ex+plain.  Its first part ’ex' is common prefix which has something to do with ‘outside’;  'Plain' is equal to ‘easy'.  I notice that English texts  always go in an easy way while our Chinese notes are hard to follow!

About 'vivid tests' ----------In China maths is taught from number to formula in an abstract way with less experiments.  Your brain would become empty when you close the textbook after class as if you have learned nothing! That would be more interesting and meaningful if the teacher and students do the job as  black Smith does in the workshop with concrete shapes!

Science  would become a piece of cake if the teacher could use the theory into practice as an engineer!  

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-4-10 12:15:11 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-4-9 06:19
I don't fool myself or someone else. It is no use to flatter ourselves if we really want improve t ...

Who's flattering themselves here?
China has advanced faster than any other nation over the past 60 years.
There is nothing inferior about its educational system as you suggest.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-10 15:17:00 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-10 12:15
Who's flattering themselves here?
China has advanced faster than any other nation over the past 60 ...

Two thirds of your note are not clear which act as good examples for my thread if in Chinese!

'Who are flattering themselves here?
Who is flattering himself or herself"
The second sentence is wrong on grammar!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.