Views: 49742|Replies: 47

Does Eating Live Tadpoles Cure Asthma? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-7 12:38:12 |Display all floors
CCTV News reported, with video clips, a mother feeding live tadpoles in a bowl, to her asthmatic child, saying she learned from the internet that it could cure him of his asthma!
Doctors immediately responded that there is no truth in that claim; on the contrary, the child would get another health problem from eating tadpoles!  A video clip shows a growth in the body of a child in a previous case of tadpole eating.
Question:  Why are there so many false claims on the internet, and why are there so many fools who believe them?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 13:33:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-4-7 13:36

I think that this might work if the person believed it. In my opinion most people that have so-called asthma just have some kind of psychological problem. The asthma is in their heads. When these people have an asthma attack all they really need is for someone to slap them and and tell them to calm the %$%$ down.
edit - How about the so-called 'thunderstorm asthma'. What the %$%$ right? Pollen grains? If there is any truth to it then these people probably should die if they cant survive a thunderstorm. Survival of the fittest and all that. The more people that die from thunderstorm asthma the better it is for the human race I reckon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-7 16:56:01 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-4-7 13:33
I think that this might work if the person believed it. In my opinion most people that have so-calle ...

'When these people have an asthma attack all they really need is for someone to slap them and and tell them to calm the %$%$ down.'

haha, another false claim, but someone out there might actually believe you and try it out!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 18:04:39 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-4-7 16:56
'When these people have an asthma attack all they really need is for someone to slap them and and  ...
CONCLUSION: The high level of alexithymia among the patients with asthma, frequent coincidence of asthma and psychosomatic diseases and the distinct influence of stress and strong emotions on causing asthma exacerbations, proven in this study, confirm that asthma may be considered as the psychosomatic disease.

- pubmed

Asthma is just a big scam to sell those puffer things. And do you really believe in thunderstorm asthma? These people are just afraid of thunder and they have panic attacks then hyperventilate and die. Derr.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 18:18:44 |Display all floors
What actually causes asthma? The 'triggers' differ from person to person do they? Hmm. No one really knows what causes asthma? Hmm.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 19:20:11 |Display all floors
'When these people have an asthma attack all they really need is for someone to slap them and and  ...

And you know what else? People with asthma are twice as likely to get depression or anxiety. ... And when these asthma sufferers get depression or anxiety their asthma gets harder to treat. Ha.

All of us get a little short of breath from time to time you know. My triggers are very cold water and for some reason I can't breath well if a room is very steamy - like when I take a really hot shower. But yeah most of us just stay calm and we don't have a so-called asthma attack. There is no such thing as asthma. Its just in their heads.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-4-7 19:25:25 |Display all floors

Now hay fever is an actual thing. People that get hay fever have Neanderthal DNA apparently and the pollen makes them get a runny nose. Apparently hay fever and asthma are closely linked. 80% of people that get hay fever also have asthma apparently. But do they really? What the hell is asthma? Nobody even knows. Why don't all the people that have hay fever die from asthma attacks every time there is a thunderstorm like the thunderstorm asthma sufferers? Thunderstorm asthma.. What a load of horse $%$%.

And did you know that asthma drugs kill more people each year than asthma? Its true.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.