Views: 6919|Replies: 1

What is 力? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-17 15:16:57 |Display all floors
The Chinese character 力(li)means ‘strength’ or ‘labour’.  Does it look like a man with his two arms raising up in the air while working?  I think so! -----------Why?  If you add two dot-strokes to 力,  that would become 为(wei) which means ‘do’ or ‘doing’.------------The extra two dots seem like the drops of sweat from the body(力) who is working hard! -----------This reminds me the hard period when I harvested wheat-crops with simple knife that kind of labour work would let me consume one kettle of water half a day! ---------Few days later my green jacket would partly become white on which you could see tiny grains of salt . How much sweating for the great job!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-24 17:53:07 |Display all floors
Why does 男 represent ‘man’?  Its top part is ‘field’ or ‘farmland’ which needs strong body(力)to support for growing crops for family-living! ----------Certainly this labour work is usually done by man.
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.