Views: 1238|Replies: 1

What is 力? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-3-17 15:16:57 |Display all floors
The Chinese character 力(li)means ‘strength’ or ‘labour’.  Does it look like a man with his two arms raising up in the air while working?  I think so! -----------Why?  If you add two dot-strokes to 力,  that would become 为(wei) which means ‘do’ or ‘doing’.------------The extra two dots seem like the drops of sweat from the body(力) who is working hard! -----------This reminds me the hard period when I harvested wheat-crops with simple knife that kind of labour work would let me consume one kettle of water half a day! ---------Few days later my green jacket would partly become white on which you could see tiny grains of salt . How much sweating for the great job!
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-3-24 17:53:07 |Display all floors
Why does 男 represent ‘man’?  Its top part is ‘field’ or ‘farmland’ which needs strong body(力)to support for growing crops for family-living! ----------Certainly this labour work is usually done by man.
Let's make or take life as simple as possible! That would save you a lot of unnecessary troubles. ---------------It is precious experience that I have learned from Mom.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.