Views: 314|Replies: 0

Firewood and axe [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-7 22:26:27 |Display all floors
This winter I often split log into pieces for firewood! ----------Living in the village with my old mom, I have to burn coal to warm up the house against the cold weather. The job of making firewood let me think more about 柴---------止 shapes like your two feet; 匕 is  ‘knife’(to me it is an axe!); 木 means ‘wood' or ’tree'. ----------I fix the tree-branch with one foot while raising up and dropping down the axe, wood easily becomes burning-material!  

Another related character is 析, which first part is ‘wood’ and the remaining one is ‘axe'(斧).  析 means ’to divide something into pieces.'
分-----八 is ‘eight’ and 刀 means ‘knife'.  To cut the melon with the knife for eight times?  How many pieces it would be?-------I know you could divide the object into eight parts if three times of cutting!
-----------For this reason, we use ’分析' to refer to your word 'analyze’! -------Is it reasonable? ----------Or when you see the word ‘analyze’, could you think of ‘wood, knife and axe’?
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 22:41:11 |Display all floors
It is really funny when you have a tasty chewing of some Chinese character which relationship between the shape and meaning could tell you more about our traditional culture!
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.