Views: 3667|Replies: 4

Why 强 means ‘strong’? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-19 22:59:10 |Display all floors
强 is a commonly used character which shape is interesting!
Its first part looks like 'bow' that is as same as what the left of my avatar shows;
The upper component of the remaining is 口 which is ‘mouth’ and 虫 means ‘worm’. -----------In China, some people call  tiger as ‘big worm’ with which adults often frighten kids by shouting ‘The tiger is coming up!’  --------In my hometown, the locals name snake as ‘long worm’; -----Even for tinny worms those often swallow your grain so seriously that we have such saying: You could afford to feed up a big horse but could not do so with worms!-----------Then I wonder what you would feel if you fix the eyes on ‘虽’for seconds?
The picture of 强 shows a bow seems like the mouth of a tiger, snake or an ordinary worm! Powerful!

Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-4 16:16:20 |Display all floors
Wow your imagination is wonderful

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-4 23:27:28 |Display all floors
Lindsay2192 Post time: 2018-2-4 16:16
Wow your imagination is wonderful

Nice to see your comment before going to bed!
Try ro use simple words for teaching and communication in daily life that is essential to the success of our education!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-7 17:56:16 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-2-4 23:27
Nice to see your comment before going to bed!

my pleasure

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-18 09:25:35 |Display all floors
The word 弱(weak)is opposite to strong(强)and the former also has something to do with bow(弓). How do you think of  what under the 弓? ------- That (the two strokes) should be the bottom of the arrow that is leather-like thing which could let the arrow fly straight without direction changing. The last part of the bow is relatively 'weak' compared with its sharp (even poisonous) metal-head.
!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.