What is the direction of our education reforming? - China Watch - Chinadaily Forum
Views: 19347|Replies: 8

What is the direction of our education reforming? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-1-19 13:01:34 |Display all floors
Chinese teachers and students work hardest in the world who harvest poor or bitter fruits!It is urgent for us to improve the situation that is the demand of the new era! But it is not simple solution to the problem since our education system is really complicated than you expected!Now I think we must throw away some outdated schooling concepts first!
a. --------------Knowledge is not as important as we thought before!  It is said only twenty percent of university-knowledge could be directly used in work. Books are stones those could sharpen the edge of your thinking-knife! (There is no general who commands his soldiers with bags of books on the back!)-------------We Chinese have paid too much attention to the written-knowledge!Teachers should reveal much of the logical things inside the books instead of repeating the author‘s original words!---------------Another joke is that most of textbooks are not well written, even some science-books are not scientific!--------------For an example:Newton's law ’F=Ma', F should be ‘迫' (force)instead of 力! (For more, please check my related writings.)

b-------------Interest is the fire of learning-life! Our kids are too inactive with their own business due to our bad education management-mood who are lazy on innovation!  -------------Before 1979, peasants acted as ’slaves‘ in commune fields!After reforming, farmers have become the real master of their business who have created too many miracles in the past four decades!So the upcoming education reform should let children do lessons with more enthusiasm!
All of our writings should go with zero error!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-19 16:08:43 |Display all floors
c-------------In ancient times, Chinese learners had spent too energy on brush-handwriting and calculating with the world-unique-bamboo-instrument.  Even in 1990 or so, one of my students was proud of himself who had become bank-accountant with championship on bamboo-calculator in province-level competition! --------------Now our kids are troubled with too much written-home-work with repeating and boring on sums who have little chance for think-ability-training. Children  should have the right to refuse to do unnecessary things if they have enough reasons!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-19 16:21:55 |Display all floors
I work in vocational school where you could feel the textbooks are quite weak before technology teaching and I had to write my own teaching material through hard testing that benefited from social experience.(Some knowledge is learned from the factories.)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-19 16:52:00 |Display all floors
Our teaching process goes in an abstract way with little practice or test! Maths is taught from number to number, from formula to formula. Chemistry-reactions are carried out on the black-board. In the language class, the teacher asked children to remember some new words letter by letter!  -------------We teachers should turn ‘empty’ theory into Tv-drama with vivid life atmosphere in which each learner has become an actor in the soldier-playing! -------------Our administers should leave more space for us to do such innovation!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 09:23:53 |Display all floors
                             What is wrong with our academic atmosphere?
a-------------We could find or make many keys to unlock the same iron-lock! As a routine work, that teacher may offer many crosses in red ink to the poor child the latter would loose the precious natural instinct for exploring the new world! The frequent exams often mean that there is only one set of the so-called standard-answers to the problem-paper! ---------I notice that different English dictionaries could show you colorful explainings to the same word! So why do Chinese teachers always ask children to explain something without one-word-error?  Fresh ideas come from free easy-going atmosphere. I am afraid that our school-yard is lack of such fertile soil for the growing of good crops!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 10:45:28 |Display all floors
When I was little, I worshipped that big-brother scholar so much that I imitated his walking-style after him in silence! Needless to say a professor would be a fairy who knows all things in world.
Now I have realized we adults are not surely wiser than child! To the opposite side, in some degree kids are more clever on language-leaning and other aspects since they have pure mind to sense the outside!

How many Chinese professors do feel shameful when that farmer-writer got the Nobel Prize on literature who only had a mere junior-middle-school-diploma in hand?

School acts as swimming-pool where we could train the body including the brain with pleasure! ------At the beginning of my teaching career, I often scolded those naughty boys and worried about their future! -------------Now decades has passed, their achievements prove that I was quite wrong on the attitude toward the backward-kids!

In the Olympic games, all persons are equal on the same starting point!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-20 18:27:20 |Display all floors
Confucius was a believer in the value of education as a lifelong and enjoyable experience. His thoughts are never truer than in today's society. Rote learning of facts is less relevant and is replaced by initiative and creativity. The best achievement of any school is its ability to create a lifelong love of learning for its students. For many schools in China, the opposite is achieved through prolonged hours of forced rote learning with no time provided for reflection.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.