Views: 100631|Replies: 20

China ramps up preparations for war   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2018-1-13 18:05:57 |Display all floors

The People’s Liberation Army has criticized its own military personnel for being paralyzed by peace as China ramps up preparations for war.

This week, a PLA Daily report blasted its own soldiers for refusing to face the possibility of war, blaming the recent period of peace for paralyzing the current generation of troops, reported the Global Times, a newspaper produced by the ruling Communist party.

"War is not far from us. Regional situations around China are complex and unstable, and dangers are hiding under the peace. China cannot afford a military failure, so we must be fully aware of potential crisis and be prepared for battle at all times," the official PLA newspaper wrote.

On Thursday, President Xi Jinping called for the military to demonstrate heroism and a fighting spirit to safeguard the communist party’s interests at the second plenary session of the 19th Central Commission for Discipline Inspection of the CPC, reported Xinhua News Agency.

That same day, the official military news site warned its soldiers to prepare for imminent threats and to avoid complacency as it begins intense training to ready the country for battle.

This follows the enormous military assembly on January 3 where President Xi Jinping told his troops not to fear “hardship or death” and issued instructions to its forces to begin real combat training for all three branches of the military - the army, the navy and the air force.

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 10.04.21.png

Since Xi’s speech, China’s most advanced military aircrafts have been conducting extreme exercises, according to the Global Times. These exercises, at home and abroad, have included air combat training with the J-20 stealth fighter jet, the Y-20 transport aircraft and the H-6K bomber.

Xu Guangyu, a retired general, says the likelihood that China will be forced to engage in military conflict has increased over the past few years.

"In regions like the Korea Peninsula, China-India border area and the Taiwan Straits, the PLA needs to be prepared for all possibilities. Our overseas interests in regions like Africa and the Middle East are also under threat due to local instability,” he said

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-1-13 22:51:31 |Display all floors
As north meets the south for talks, its strange to hear all this talk about immenent war, unless they mean something else .  
Are chinese soldiers ready for war?  listening to the presidents speeches, i think he is not convinced.
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-14 15:42:56 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-1-13 22:51
As north meets the south for talks, its strange to hear all this talk about immenent war, unless the ...

You miss understood, the Olympic games it's all about it...

I know, wishful thinking

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-1-14 17:54:51 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2018-1-14 15:42
You miss understood, the Olympic games it's all about it...

I know, wishful thinking

i am sure there will be some talks going on behind the scene, but its still positive either way..
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-15 10:10:19 |Display all floors

Re China ramps up preparation:

Look, we are being postured by Uncle Sam's little plush toy, the Indians in our western flank; being screwed by south Koreans, and the Japanese, another two toys pulled from Uncle Sam's toy box, in our northeast and in the east China Sea; they are working on the Filipinos, the Viet Poopers, and possibly the Indonesians, to get them to thumb their nose at us in our southern flank; they have Guam, Okinawa, Subic Bay, Clark AFB, Australia, in the Pacific all designed to have us postured 34/7 therefore it would be stupid of us to not prepare ourselves...

As I said in Asia Time, 1500 nukes in our northern flank, another 1500 aimed towards the far reaches of the Pacific, 2000 in our western flank to keep our Indian brothers well entertained, and another 1500 for the substandard-nukies around the world just in case they decide to join the club and gang up on us as they had in the past...  

We must be prepared...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-15 16:49:05 |Display all floors
those who call for war are always far from frontline, their faasses confortably seat facung their computer screen, far far far from war..

How can we blame PLA soldier to prefer msterbating watching japanese adult videos more than craving in the mud under the bombs?
Thats just sounds ridiculous!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-1-16 09:15:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Ted180 at 2018-1-15 20:15

When I think of how much Chinese people have suffered over the past 200 years from so many foreign and civil wars, I think they should avoid war and let the other nationalities do the suffering.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.