Views: 1495|Replies: 33

Trump: I have 'absolute right' to share facts with Russia   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-16 22:22:51 |Display all floors

President Trump early Tuesday said he has an "absolute right" to share facts with Russia after a report late Monday that he revealed highly classified intelligence to Russian officials during a meeting last week.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining...to terrorism and airline flight safety," the president tweeted.

"Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

The Washington Post first reported that Trump revealed highly classified intelligence information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador while meeting with them last week at the White House.

Trump allegedly revealed "code-word information" related to threats from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) that had been provided by a U.S. ally in the region, according to the Post.

One U.S. official told the newspaper that the information was so sensitive it had not been provided to U.S. allies.

Trump discussed the information, according to the report, with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in the Oval Office during a meeting last Wednesday - a day after he fired former FBI Director James Comey.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 23:04:59 |Display all floors
Trump has created a war with the intelligence agencies in the US.  They're going to take him out just watch.  If its not this it will be something else.  But someone has to save the country from Trump.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-5-17 09:35:35 |Display all floors

Let me be the first to know the facts that President Trump shared with the Russians. As long as these facts remain secret we the public cannot judge whether Donald Trump has broken any law.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-17 09:36:58 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-5-16 23:04
Trump has created a war with the intelligence agencies in the US.  They're going to take him out jus ...

You know what?

Your "intelligence agencies" are all criminal organisations and Donald Trump has done me a personal favour by undercutting them.

Barack Obama should go to jail for snooping on y e-mails.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-17 23:19:03 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-17 09:36
You know what?

Your "intelligence agencies" are all criminal organisations and Donald Trump has d ...

Its the beginning of the end for Trump.  He is a danger to the country

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-18 02:32:56 |Display all floors
By law, the President of the USA has the legal authority to disclose classified information in the conduct of foreign affairs with Russian officials. President Trump didn't break the law but the people who leaked this news to the media broke the law as the private conversation between the President of the USA and Russian officials in the White House is a confidential matter affecting the national security of the USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-18 10:42:18 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-5-17 23:19
Its the beginning of the end for Trump.  He is a danger to the country

He should share more information with Vladimir Putinbefore another Crusader takes over the White House.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.