Views: 5704|Replies: 9

Beijing Duck [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2016-8-8 08:40:36 |Display all floors
Why Beijing Duck is recognized all over the world? Is there any relationship with 'Beijing duck diplomacy'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-8 12:19:11 |Display all floors
It's very very good but only when roasted, cut & sliced the traditional way at your table in Beijing.
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-8 20:17:19 |Display all floors
I am so happy to see you have come back the forum!
But I am afraid that I have little to say about your topic since I haven't been to the capital city yet!

------------- In our town there is famous duck shop which owner boasts that his products are as same as those cooked in Beijing! ----------You can easily see his huge oven that is used to toast ducks with special charcoal made from fruit-trees!

The price of his duck is two times more than that of the ordinary one fried in oil by other shops due to the high price of charcoal!---------Another reason is that many herbs are used to add good tastes into the meat before toasting and certainly that is commercial secret. --------The boss told me he had spent three years to learn the cooking skill as apprentice!

Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-9 11:00:25 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2016-8-8 20:17
I am so happy to see you have come back the forum!
But I am afraid that I have little to say abou ...

May be there is a history in China that why it became so popular?  for the first time when US secretary of state visited Beijing and served Beijing Duck. he liked it, then it becomes popular...or what..??  do you have any idea? i wish chinese bloggers can explain it more smoothly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-9 11:00:51 |Display all floors
RENREW Post time: 2016-8-8 12:19
It's very very good but only when roasted, cut & sliced the traditional way at your table in Beijing ...

Mouth watering?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-9 14:43:23 |Display all floors
财神 Post time: 2016-8-9 11:00
May be there is a history in China that why it became so popular?  for the first time when US secr ...

It funny that just now your reply reminded me a strange idea about the tasty food!

In ancient China,people believed that the world is composed with (or by)the five elementary substances: gold,wood,water, fire and earth.
Ducks grow on water with earth and later toasted by wood and then become a piece of gold for your enjoyment! ---------In this way the delicious food have all kinds of nutrition on the Globe!  

Take in a Beijing duck that is equal to have a tiny copy of the world!
Loving to the people and the  environment is special feeling that could lead you have a good study about the world!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-8-9 15:55:47 |Display all floors
财神 Post time: 2016-8-9 11:00
Mouth watering?

99% of what they sell in the western world as Beijing Duck is a bare lie.
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.