Views: 3166|Replies: 4

About making friends [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-6-15 10:33:55 |Display all floors
In here, I have to say, those who public information in Making Friends are trully looking for someone with English as mother language to help them improve English skill. I am wondering who is so stupid to be willing to teach you something for free. Shouldn't those people feel ashamed when doing so?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-6-15 11:40:10 |Display all floors
I have often been approached on the street by Chinese people who want my phone number and 'be my friend ', but I know all they want is free English lessons.
No, i am not a free English teacher, but some people are kind hearted and allow their free time to be used for this, but my free time is for rest, class preparation - my use.
I have been shouted at and abused verbally by people who call me selfish for not giving up my free time for nothing.

I would suggest that Chinese people who want to learn English actually pay for classes and not look at foreigners as a cheap source of learning or as someone to be exploited.
It is such Chinese who should be ashamed .
No, you are not being 'clever'

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-6-19 15:32:31 |Display all floors

The truth is very  simple and indeed so simple that no one will believe it:

Anyone with a smattering of school English can improve it to a reasonable degree without going to extracurricular classes or practising spoken English with total strangers or with so-called "friends".

How can they do that?

Simple: learn to read English prose without the benefit of a Chinese translation! Read entertaining fiction or even non-fiction such as newspapers or school books).

Once you understand written English, you can follow the thoughts of an English speaker without translating. Once you stop translating you can take up speaking.

When you communicate in English don't use Chinese at all. No one can think in one language and speak in another at the same time!   

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-7-18 08:44:41 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-6-19 15:32
The truth is very  simple and indeed so simple that no one will believe it:

Anyone with a smatter ...
Once you understand written English, you can follow the thoughts of an English speaker without translating. Once you stop translating you can take up speaking.

When you communicate in English don't use Chinese at all. No one can think in one language and speak in another at the same time!   

i'm totally agree with you. i think what you said is useful for my english learning! thank you, good morning.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-7-18 08:56:08 |Display all floors
JuliusWang Post time: 2016-7-18 08:44
i'm totally agree with you. i think what you said is useful for my english learning! thank you, g ...

Good morning to you too!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.