Views: 5323|Replies: 25

The shadow of Idi Amin... [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-7 00:39:19 |Display all floors
It was interesting to see a blog post I had penned about the interesting amount of activity in the H.K.S.A.R. of late not appear after submitting.  Then again, the shadow of Idi Amin does loom large when it comes to certain policies - does it not?
China's Eccentric 'Uncle Laowai' from Chicago, IL

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Medal

Post time 2016-1-7 00:39:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by robert237 at 2016-1-18 21:13

Idi Amin?
Did he stop citizens of Uganda outside the borders of Uganda for something he thought they might be up to?

Humm.. just today I read a new thread about the Brits doing just that.

---------------------
Over 600 Brits have been caught trying to enter Syria to join Islamic State and other jihadist groups, Foreign
Secretary Philip Hammond has said.

Speaking during a visit to southern Turkey, Mr Hammond said an estimated 800 UK citizens had entered Syria in the
past four years, with around half thought to still be in the country.

But he said the British and Turkish intelligence services had managed to stop hundreds more joining them, stopping
some leaving the UK and others as they arrived in Istanbul - a key staging point on the route to Syria.
-----------------------

I'm not certain Idi Amin would have gone this far.
But then again, Brits are infamous for roaming the world causing all sorts of problems.
Genocide to colonize far off lands being one of them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-7 00:43:49 |Display all floors
Maybe it was the photo?
Idi_Adim_and_Business_Relations.jpg

http://blog.chinadaily.com.cn/home.php?mod=space&uid=135031&do=blog&view=me&from=space

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-7 00:44:21 |Display all floors
Once the mods check the photo, maybe it will shed some light?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-10 13:12:26 |Display all floors
The shadow of Idi Amin hardly casts a shadow here; no Chinese knows tht man's name. And things here are not exactly like in Uganda under Idi Amin.

But you are nevertheless right to some extent: there are ominous things going o. They are more like things that happened under Mao, aren't they?

A village in Henan set up a giant Mao statue sitting on a chair. Two or three days later, the statue was destroyed.

What gives??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-19 05:33:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-1-9 23:12
The shadow of Idi Amin hardly casts a shadow here; no Chinese knows tht man's name. And things here  ...

Oh... I believe Hong Kong is a crucible for China in the next couple of decades... with either Idi Amin or Martin Luther King being the theme.  As for Mao...  are you really surprised?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-19 10:02:14 |Display all floors
Israel

Idi Amin was demonised after he turned against Israel.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.