Views: 6882|Replies: 5

Are Chinese expressive? [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2015-9-18 18:24:14 |Display all floors
How Chinese empowered to speak so fluent? Mostly in public programs, in various TV shows and even first face to faces too, I have noticed that Chinese are open to deliver many words without hesitation. Some days ago we were in shopping mall where the various fun programs were set out there. Ordinary people can join the talk and perform their skill whatever they have>Most of Chinese seem spontaneously delivering the words and sentences composition. Most of Chinese seem spontaneously delivering the words and sentences composition. Honestly, I cannot speak so smoothly in front of others. I think this is a kind of habit and god gifted art.<>Without hesitation, dilemma and anxieties how they can compose such qualitative and smooth terminology? How can they all speak such a mesmerized oratory? Or I am being confused because of little knowledge? Are Chinese trained from their childhood to deliver the speech or the word formation is smart?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-9-19 09:52:20 |Display all floors
People can be expressive in other ways than speaking fluently or in public.
Fear of speaking in front of a large number of people is universal and spread across the whole world. The western school system trains students to speak up from an early age and speak to a group or crowd. It is part of the curriculum - and not just occasional special activities. Opportunities are provided at all grade levels. Something traditional schools in Asia can learn from.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Valuable Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-9-19 09:53:33 |Display all floors
It also takes skills to observe the expressions and expressiveness of people of a different culture. It is easier to read people of our own or familiar culture.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-28 21:13:34 |Display all floors
not what i see . I see many people fear to speak in public cause in many times you gotta take responsibility of what you said . so people tend behave cautious ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-28 21:29:51 |Display all floors
practice makes perfect....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-30 19:33:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by English_man at 2015-9-30 19:39

They can be! but I'm a very expressive English man, more so then most! depends on the situation and the location, Where I am right now, in a little village basically! not many people are expressive because they're afraid...

they are quite shy towards me, but I'm the only white westerner here and I'm good looking and always dressed very smartly

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.