Views: 7875|Replies: 1

Protests that are legitimate [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-4-9 13:27:42 |Display all floors
I put this on the blog just now,

We know that, in the interests of a harmonious society, the Chinese authorities do not like protests. There is a law that punishes people for :picking quarrels and provoking trouble. Yet if something is wrong in Chinese society and its improvement is consistent with stated government policy, how can it be wrong to draw attention to it, especially on special days? China's Police will soon need to decide whether to pursue charges against, or release, five feminist activists whose detention has been criticised by Western governments and human-rights groups. The five women were apprehended by Beijing police just ahead of planned protests on March 8th, International Women’s Day. They had campaigned in the past against domestic violence and for more public toilets for women. Chinese authorities have long taken a dim view of organised protests. If prosecuted, the women could be imprisoned for up to five years. Yet surely domestic violence against women must be highlighted and campaigned against? I am all for more public toilets for all, and better quality! These are good matters for China to address. Please let these women go and also please listen to their problems. This is important for China's progress isn't it in the new China?
To read more about me: http://capaworld.capa.org/2014/01/17/capa-resident-director-china-programs-interview-colin-speakman/.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-4-10 22:19:36 |Display all floors
This is a problem for female politicians to solve.

In modern China, female politicians hold up 50% of the sky.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.