Views: 11003|Replies: 47

IRAN SHOOTDOWN US DRONE   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-12-4 23:41:15 |Display all floors
Iran military shoots down U.S. drone

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's military said on Sunday it had shot down a U.S. reconnaissance drone aircraft in eastern Iran, a military source told state television.

"Iran's military has downed an intruding RQ-170 American drone in eastern Iran," Iran's Arabic-language Al Alam state television network quoted the unnamed source as saying.

"The spy drone, which has been downed with little damage, was seized by the Iranian armed forces."

Iran shot down the drone at a time when it is trying to contain foreign reaction to the storming of the British embassy in Tehran on Tuesday, shortly after London announced that it would impose sanctions on Iran's central bank in connection with Iran's controversial nuclear enrichment program.

Britain evacuated its diplomatic staff from Iran and expelled Iranian diplomats in London in retaliation, and several other EU members recalled their ambassadors from Tehran.

The attack dragged Iran's relations with Europe to a long-time low.

Washington and EU countries have been discussing measures to restrict Iran's oil exports since the United Nations nuclear watchdog issued a report in November with what it said was evidence that Tehran had worked on designing an atom bomb.

Iran says its nuclear program is entirely peaceful.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 00:54:42 |Display all floors
It's easy to bring down RQ-170  type drones with a high calibre machine gun .

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2011-12-5 10:32:18 |Display all floors
Machinegun shootdown drone is not important.The most important is the drone in the Iranian sky.Thing really moves to troublesome-----.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 10:42:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SMITHI at 2011-12-5 10:43

Yes , drone in sovereign space of another country is breach of international law and sovereignty of Iran.

USA never observe rule of law yet they blame Iran for it , go figure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 13:18:39 |Display all floors
I don't know if this is true http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2815889/posts or if my call that China won't involve herself in Iran is off target, but, could what this mean is that hitting Iran is simply just a wee little too close for China's comfort and that she will not allow it? But, what about Iran's nuke program? I mean are we going to allow another of our neighbors to go nuke on us, which too is a wee too close for our comfort?  Damn1 It's a case of you are screwed if you do and you are screwed if you don't also isn't it?
Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-5 14:23:01 |Display all floors
Damn1 It's a case of you are screwed if you do and you are screwed if you don't also isn't it?

I'm confused, are you talking about going out for dinner or just staying home? I mean, I'm good either way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-12-6 03:42:52 |Display all floors
"US great game could spark WWIII"  -  Stephen Landman

Drone downed in Iran: 'US great game could spark WWIII' - by Stephen Lendman - http://www.pakalertpress.com/201 ... 8Pak+Alert+Press%29
Drone downed in Iran: ‘US great game could spark WWIII’
www.pakalertpress.com
Following the latest report that the Iranian military has shot down a US drone in eastern Iran, radio host Stephen Lendman told RT such US reconnaissance missions point towards greater ambitions for domination, which might lead to all-out war.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.