(I'm afraid to ask why)

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-7-9 21:13:25 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2018-7-9 21:02
I see your taste in women...
the thick lipped ones.

its the lipstick
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-9 21:49:57 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-7-9 21:13
its the lipstick

I must agree with you....
me likes a good kisser

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2018-7-9 21:51:22 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-7-9 21:13
its the lipstick

I do like a good kisser

But I'm a leg and butt man

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-9 21:52:11 |Display all floors
HailChina! Post time: 2018-7-9 17:45
Few blacks are offended if you call them black you know. In the late 80s early 90s white liberals  ...

To be called "Black" is not offensive but the person so identified may take offence because no one likes to be singled out for identification - it's ethnic profiling. You never say "you are a White Anglosaxon" because such a statement would be tautological and tautologies are awkward.

But if you are singled out as a "White" in, say, Thailand, you also feel awkward. Again this would be ethnic profiling. If you go to China you hear such ethnic-profiling comments almost every single day. They are not always unfriendly but they are boorish in most cases. The most common embarrassing comments are "you are a laowai" or some synonymous phrase.

In the end what matters is whether you are recognised as a fellow human being. You find it difficult to believe the people around you recognize you as a fellow hominid because of their uncouth comments.

Back in the West, political correctness works overtime to prevent awkward moments of recognition of some person as a non-mainstream fellow human being. To call a foreigner "foreigner" can already be insulting. To call an African-American "Black" can also be insulting. Not to recognize the special dignity of Black citizens of Western countries again lands anyone else in hot water. You have to become schizophrenic: Recognise that someone is different from you but don't name the difference.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-7-9 21:59:32 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-7-9 21:52
To be called "Black" is not offensive but the person so identified may take offence because no one ...

Well I'm pretty sure you just wanted to use the word tautological. Congratulations.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-7-9 22:00:11 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-7-9 16:35
Cite any English dictionary if they state "white" is offensive when it refers to the race.

You are not exactly knowledgeable about lexicography. You do not know what leads to a word receiving a new definition in a dictionary. Every time a dictionary is prepared for the next edition many words undergo processes of redefining. The word "white" for example may very well attain a new status by the time Donald Trump is done running the USA. The word "white" as an ethnic identification may by then become derogatory. You should actually know how this process works since you are endeavouring to make words such as "white" or "Westerner" hateful. In your society lexicographers obey the tiny minority that run the country, and that tiny minority is known to harbor uncvharitaBLE SENTIMENTS TOWARDS PEOPLE OF OTHER ETHNIC ORIGINS.  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.