Is this the most violent baptism? - Page 4 - Free Talk - Chinadaily Forum
Author: ceciliazhang

Is this the most violent baptism? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-19 14:08:45 |Display all floors
1584austin Post time: 2018-5-18 21:49
Terrible that so many insecure people are so easily brainwashed

I was born and raised in the bible belt of the USA. When I moved to California I was relieved to be in a more rational area. They still have plenty of religious freaks there but not nearly as many as in Missouri.
I could have afforded to retire back to Missouri but after owning a vacation home in the Ozarks from
2000 to 2005 I knew I could never live there again. Everyone wants to know what church you belong
to and all that goes along with that BS. When they learn you have no religion they are shocked.
If the people in Missouri were like the people of China I would probably have retired there.
But as it is, practically everyone in the Ozarks is a religious nut and they almost all have guns and would
love to use them if they had an excuse. It's a terrible way to live.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2018-5-19 16:14:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2018-5-19 18:15
1584austin Post time: 2018-5-19 15:47
It make me wonder what is going through their minds whilst they are putting the baby through it

they feel themselves to be 'ultra holy', self-righteous, closer to God and revel in the blind reverence of all watching them. They are hooked to the kick they get from it. I have seen this in ALL religions.. It is the sense they know something about God that the rest of us don't know about or something we defer to them on... They are hooked on power and fail to notice the basic look on the poor kid crying...

Zealous religiosity blinds people... What they can't see is if you lose the best of basic humanity, there is no spirituality or divinity. Fortunately, the animals are immune to this - if they see you dunking their pups they will instinctively attack you and maul or kill you.. I would like to see them try and baptize a bear cub with the mother watching.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-20 09:35:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-5-20 09:41:21 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-20 09:42:16 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-5-20 09:54:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-5-21 13:34:02 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-5-19 17:54
Then again, if this seemingly "violent" procedure were known to produce harmful effects to the  ...

The parents didn't complain about this because they were brainwashed too.
If you want to defend this voodoo magic go ahead.
Isn't baptism supposed to wash away your sins according the ancient comic books?
What sins could this baby have committed in the first place?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.