World Book Day: Best novels for English learners - Page 6 - Free Talk - Chinadaily Forum
Author: voice_cd

World Book Day: Best novels for English learners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-17 18:50:08 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-17 18:32
Your buddy seneca wrote: his lapdogs is

You're an unsavory name dropper, 3 ta.

So what? It may have been a typo.  Don't raise a stink about this.  Your best friend robert, who is a la-di-da    braggart,  once boasted about his exceptional writing skills here, not seneca.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 18:55:10 |Display all floors
tatata69 Post time: 2018-4-17 18:50
So what? It may have been a typo.  Don't raise a stink about this.  Your best friend robert, who ...

Then, that is Robert's typo too. You intentionally pick at him, and try to pick up a fight with him.

Madam Voice_cd is mad with you for ruining her thread. You had better scoot.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 19:00:55 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-17 18:49
You need to counsel seneca to go back to grammar to school for English grammar, please.

Are you suggesting your Chinese teachers told you it's acceptable to write I ain't poor when working on an English essay? methinks that it  would be wrong to write like this, according to one article published by The Wall Street Journal, in which the author finds that Fortune 500 companies demand that a prospective employee write like someone who is educated. Which means such companies put stock in formal English writing.

It's considered bad form for job-seekers hoping to join such behemoths to talk like lowbrows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 19:04:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by zhihu1 at 2018-4-17 19:04
tatata69 Post time: 2018-4-17 19:00
Are you suggesting your Chinese teachers told you it's acceptable to write I ain't poor when wor ...

methinks that it  would be wrong to write like this,
Aha! You got caught in red hand. It's "Methinks", but not "methinks". My Chinese teachers outbeat your English teachers. O, la, la.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 19:07:31 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-17 18:55
Then, that is Robert's typo too. You intentionally pick at him, and try to pick up a fight with hi ...

All what I did was point out one of your best friend robert's mistakes. I wasn't trying to pick a fight with him. What's the point of taking the mickey out of me like this?

Are you female? Forget it. One wouldn't want to spar with  a girl like you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 19:08:51 |Display all floors
zhihu1 Post time: 2018-4-17 19:04
methinks that it  would be wrong to write like this,
Aha! You got caught in red hand. It's "Methin ...

Thanks for the tip, lady. You have fun here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 19:36:42 |Display all floors
tatata69 Post time: 2018-4-17 19:08
Thanks for the tip, lady. You have fun here.

Are you suggesting your Chinese teachers told you it's acceptable to write I ain't poor when working on an English essay?  methinks that it  would be wrong to write like this, according to one article published by The Wall Street Journal, in which the author finds that Fortune 500 companies demand that a prospective employee write like someone who is educated. Which means such companies put stock in formal English writing.

It's considered bad form for job-seekers hoping to join such behemoths to talk like lowbrow

1. You need to add quotation mark for "I ain't poor".
2. You need to capitalise "methinks".
3. You need to italise "The Wall Street Journal" or use quotation mark for the name of the journal.
4. "Which" is definitely a grammatical solecism. I advise you to use "That means".

You don't need to invite Paul, Dick or Herry to here. I can help you for free, but I wouldn't like be a grammar N-A-Z-I.

This is a post but not an easy or thesis. The more educated people, the more respectful and modest they are.

Please go easy on you and other people, and get a life, bub!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.