World Book Day: Best novels for English learners - Page 2 - Free Talk - Chinadaily Forum
Author: voice_cd

World Book Day: Best novels for English learners [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-4-17 03:30:46 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2018-4-16 16:58
I have been reading two novels:  and those like a  by-train-travelling on which I had starting point ...

You could consider reading articles written by Jiayang Fan, who is a writer at The New Yorker, and Amy X. Wang, who has joined Rolling Stone from Quartz.   Amy X. Wang was born in China and moved to America with her family later on .  Jiayang Fan may have been born in China  just like  Amy X.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 09:41:22 |Display all floors
A colossal wreck: a road trip through political scandal, corruption, and American culture by Alexander Cockburn

The Shock Doctrine by Naomi Klein

The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga, narrating Indian society to former incumbent Chinese Premier Wen Jiaobao

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 10:10:04 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-4-16 16:14
"To Kill a Mockingbird" by "Harper Lee" is a pretty good book.
It was the only book Harper Lee ever  ...

Hi, thanks for the book recommendation. Could you plz give us a more appealing reason for the "To Kill a Mockingbird" in terms of the content. eg. what kind of information or spirit it conveys that can attract or motivate readers? something like that. thx~

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 10:47:57 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-16 23:02
I will make several recommendation at a later date. I have mentioned many good books over the years  ...

Thanks, seneca, looking forward for your recommendation with your very appealing reasons for English learners!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-17 10:56:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-4-17 10:57:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-4-17 11:27:20 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-4-17 10:56
I suppose you are a fan of the authors you mentioned but I doubt you have the intellectual indepen ...

I didn't pick on you on this thread, did I?

What do you grab every opportunity to insult me? That post of mine was suspended by the Mod, and it is released now. If it is inappropriate, why does the Mod want to release it?
The purpose for recommending book is learning English. What's wrong for my recommendation? Two authors are Westerners you adore, admire, you love! To Kill a Mockingbird is aslo a political book involved in race discrimination against the black. Did you read that book?

When it comes to etiquette, I personally recommend Emily Post's works for you and tatata. Bing it, if you have no idea who she is!

Please don't trash Voice_cd's thread with your uncurbed unreasonable wrath. I wonder why you can't make friends with Chinese. Let's be friends!

Peace!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.