Views: 26375|Replies: 12

Foreign students become couriers in Shanghai during Spring Festival [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-2-13 16:43:55 |Display all floors

Foreign couriers recently started serving customers in Shanghai after most of the deliverymen went back to their hometowns for the Spring Festival, Chinanews.com reported Monday.

Eighty foreign students in China have been recruited by a special delivery program initiated by China’s e-commerce platform Suning. The platform has signed cooperative agreements with colleges, offering internship and chances of social practice for the students.

According to an employee of Suning, the foreign couriers are required to send New Year greetings to the customers in Shanghai dialect, and they have to understand the “do and don’ts” about the Spring Festival.

Two brothers from Zambia surnamed Baitong and Weimo, studying respectively in Shanghai and Beijing, are currently part of the program. “I feel very special about this experience, since it presents me the authentic taste of the Chinese New Year,” said Weimo.

“We also hope to offer a whole new experience for the customers during the most important Chinese festival,” the employee of Suning said.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-13 20:48:29 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-14 09:12:40 |Display all floors
Pretty soon my take out order will be delivered by a foreign student. Can’t wait for that to happen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 04:59:13 |Display all floors
Finally Seneca has a job? 加油!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 08:18:15 |Display all floors
It is currently illegal for foreign students in China, to be employed by any company. This includes unpaid internships. I'm afraid those students are about to find themselves on a flight home, very soon.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-2-15 09:48:25 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-2-15 12:51:42 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2018-2-15 03:48
Yeah, I got an invitation from Helsinki to represent Finland's Eurovision song singer in 2019. I h ...

Sounds great, from delivering packages to being a gay icon. Things are working very well for you.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.