Views: 1707|Replies: 10

Woman Takes Selfies With Her Catcallers [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-10-9 09:23:23 |Display all floors

There's nothing that makes a woman's skin crawl quite like getting catcalled on the street. 20-year-old Amsterdam-based student Noa Jansma, much like the rest of us, was pretty fed up with it, and decided to do something about it. Throughout the month of September, she took a selfie with every single creep who harassed her and uploaded them on Instagram, captioning each one with the words of her abusers.

From January 1st, 2018, catcalling will be punishable by law in Jansma's native Netherlands, and violators will be subject to fines of up to 190 euros ($220). If her daring project continues to go viral, perhaps more nations will follow suit.

[Bored Panda]

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-10-9 12:18:58 |Display all floors

I know this blog has been the rage all over N America. But here is a thought about it: what proof do we have that those "catcallers" really initiated the action the author claims they did? Is it conceivable that some of these men were encouraged by the woman?

I say this because I have on multiple occasions noticed that my wife or my former flames were capable of attracting men in the most forbidding circumstances and shortest periods of time even while I was around. No catcallers ever sidled up to us when we were strolling down a street, yet a Russian woman I once befriended suddenly spoke Russian to a German while I was sitting next to her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-10-9 23:16:39 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-10-9 12:18
I know this blog has been the rage all over N America. But here is a thought about it: what proof  ...

i agree with you,man

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-10-10 08:10:31 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-10-10 08:12:51 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-10-10 08:15:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2017-10-10 08:18:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.