Author: Velcro

Why Do Chinese People Have Pride?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-7-17 13:16:43 |Display all floors
The American People are Proud of Their Country, and So Are the Chinese.

But those who cannot be honest about their own country, cannot be honest about other countries.

Clearly, the assertions of national sovereignty by America and by China are incompatible with the goals of the One World Government under an UNSEEN EMPEROR, whose existence will be denied but cannot be disproven.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-17 13:20:40 |Display all floors
The Last Emperor of China, Puyi, was a lackey of the Japanese Emperor, to whom he swore fealty and submission, therefore the Emperor whereof he speaks is the Emperor of Japan, and he lives in Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-17 17:43:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by markwu at 2017-7-17 17:44
Japan4Life Post time: 2017-7-17 12:03
I don't think people here are appreciating the OP and Mr. Johnson.  They are Westerners that have  ...

ROTFL

Slaves? Last year 122 million mainland Chinese went overseas on tours and spent USD109.8 Billion.

How many African slaves did the US and UK allow free movement overseas and how much did they have with them to spend?

Japan should not adopt the hypocrisy of the west of fred johnson's mien.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-17 20:41:41 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2017-7-17 17:43
ROTFL

Slaves? Last year 122 million mainland Chinese went overseas on tours and spent USD109.8 B ...

If you must be a fool, that is, if you must delve into history to black-paint other countries, do it only when your black paint cannot be applied to yourself.

When did China start to allow its own subjects (they are not "citizens", they only are "subjects"!) to travel abroad?

It is a damn RECENT development that most living Chinese over 50 years of age did not enjoy. Even as recently as the 1980s, Chinese were seldom granted a passport to travel abroad. One of the most difficult destinations was Hong Kong. And those who wanted to study overseas had to first repay the government enormous amounts of money before they were allowed to go.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-17 20:46:00 |Display all floors
People in China are slaves under a ruling party and that wound be free men under a western political party. Do we still need logics?
The most precious thing for a country is political stability, without it, nothing can be accomplished.
The subjective advantages for a centralized ruling is that it not only can provide political stability but also continuous prosperity. Look at Middle East and Africa, chaos always there just because they are unable to form a centralized ruling class, all tribes just fight and fight, leaving no room for any kinds of developments.
And the major defect of the west political system is that the ruling entity is too short lived, so they can only achieve short term plans. Lots long term plans cannot be fulfilled due to the too frequent changing of the ruling group. Just see how Trump abolishes Obama's achievements.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-7-17 20:52:51 |Display all floors
tailorsas Post time: 2017-7-17 09:01
I believe everyone has pride, it is limited to region, country or race. For such threads I really ho ...

Really?

When did you read or hear the word "pride" fore the first time? If you READ it before you ever heard it you had passed MANY years before you were assaulted with this word and its meaning because you certainly did not read newspapers or history books before you turned ten.

I don't know why anyone would discuss a word such as "pride" in public; it is a meaningless word. Why don't people discuss the vitamins tree bark contains?

The first time someone said "be proud" to me was at school after I had outdone others in reciting a poem. I didn't quite know what "proud" meant but my classmates clapped their hands so my chest swelled a little. Since then the word "proud" has always caused me some consternation because I have never recited a poem in public again. Why are others proud? Surely not because they all excelled at reciting a poem!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-7-17 23:26:29 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abcfirst at 2017-7-17 23:34

In China, the good people are allowed to speak the truth, while in the West, the bad people are allowed to speak their lies.  Therein is the difference between the two freedoms.  

China adheres to the Golden Rule, to do not to others what you do not want others to do unto you.  The West adheres to "Political Correctness" (which used to be "Religious Correctness", but no more), and allows you to do unto others what you do not want others to do unto you.  Therein is the difference between the two civilizations.

In China, if you made a mistake, you are encouraged to confess it to the public, and reform your ways.  In the West, if you made a mistake, you keep it between yourself and God or the priest, and continue to do it anyway, because you are guaranteed to be forgiven by them.  In fact, if you are not, you can argue from the Bible itself that you are forgiven, and God will have to forgive you.  No wonder Jesus said, "In those days (end days), many will say, "Lord, Lord, did we not preach and cast demons out in your name?"  And I shall say unto them, "Depart from me you doers of the deeds of darkness.  When I was thirsty did you give me water to drink, when I was naked did you clothe me?  Therefore, depart into the darkness . . . "

There is no clash of civilizations, as a Western historian liked to put it, to placate his own conscience.  There is only one fundamental conflict, between one's creed and one's conscience.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.