Views: 5765|Replies: 60

British Teen Gets Life in Prison for Brutally Murdering Chinese Grandpa   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-6-19 14:10:28 |Display all floors

(Nextshark) A court in the city of Preston, England has sentenced 19 year-old Nathan Richardson to a minimum of 19 years in jail for the brutal and heinous murder of an elderly Chinese man on New Year’s Day.

On December 31, 2016, Richardson attended a New Year’s Eve house party where he snorted cocaine, took ecstasy, smoked marijuana and drank alcohol, according to The Sun.

By the morning, before 8:30 a.m., Richardson, still reportedly under the influence of the drugs, ran into Wenqing Xu, a 67-year-old 110 pound Chinese tourist out on a morning jog, according to The Guardian. Xu had been visiting from China and staying with his daughter, Diana, since the summer of 2016.

Without any known motive or provocation, Richardson began to brutally beat the old man, strip him naked except for his t-shirt and drag him through the street in front of a community center.

When two community center workers, who initially thought Richardson was dragging a carpet, began to intervene, Richardson ran away. Witnesses reported that they saw Richardson viciously kick Xu while yelling, “F-ck you, get in there you bastard.”

Xu was found wearing only a t-shirt that was pulled over his chest. He died two hours later at the hospital.

Prosecutor Francis McEntee described Xu’s wounds as including 28 areas of injury on his head and neck as well as lacerations and bruising to his genital area. Further tests showed that Xu suffered broken facial bones, broken teeth, internal bruising, bleeding in the brain and scrapes consistent to being dragged on the street.

After Richardson ran off, he went to the house of a friend, Luke Jenkinson, where he changed and washed his clothes. Jenkinson denied knowing at the time that Richardson murdered Xu when he helped him that morning, though the court still sentenced him to two years and nine months in jail for assisting the offender.

However, after Richardson had cleaned himself up, he admitted his actions to friends and family through text:

“Goin jail. Think I killed sum1 (sic).”

“F-cked sum chink up. Bodied him. I think pure crime scene – his head’s gone.”

He later told a friend after looking up the story of the murder on a local news site:

“I’ve killed someone, it’s unnatural what I’ve done. I’ve just done some guy I backhanded him and he weren’t moving, I have done it.

“I kicked and stamped his head a few times. I pulled his pants down and pulled him by his balls.”

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-19 15:01:20 |Display all floors
That's a man's life,does a man's life equal to 19 years of prison?
I don't know if there's any penalty commuting policy in England,and maybe this man gets to be released before 38,but that's a man's life that's gone forever,along with their families' happy moments and future involved with Mr.Xu.
Where's this wanker's parents?Why didn't they keep an eye on their child?Did they teach their child to enjoy the moment and act without thinking about the consequences?
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-19 15:03:37 |Display all floors
How very depraved and how very tragic.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-19 15:33:08 |Display all floors
This post was edited by tailorsas at 2017-6-19 15:57

And look at the languages he was using when texting his families and friends,is this how a normal person talks?Without the slightest regret?He is gonna to "expand his horizon" in prison,instead of in the sea of knowledge.
I forgot how to forget.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-6-19 18:49:29 |Display all floors
19 yrs is not long enough, but he wont get 80% of his sentence reduced like you can in China for murdering foreigners
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Valuable Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Valuable Member

Post time 2017-6-19 19:14:36 |Display all floors
He should have got live with no chance or release for this crime.  Being off your head due to a cocktail of drugs and alcohol is no excuse. There are no mitigating circumstances in a case that is as brutal as this appears to be.  I'd prefer to see him hanged or drawn and quartered for this heinous murder.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Valuable Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2017-6-19 20:52:24 |Display all floors
teatree16 Post time: 2017-6-19 18:19
Typical white trash's behaviour - drugs, drank driving doesn't care about anything.  Lots of them in ...

That was the most unenlightened speech that is sure to open the eyes of the Brits to the feelings of nationalist Chinese, Teardrop. If Mr Richardson had not murdered a Chinese person but, say, a Japanese, a Filipino, would you have said the same?

The tragedy here is big enough; you don't need to make ity bigger. But that's what you achieved with your insensitive comment. People now feel it was an act of war against a foreign nation. When will China go to war against the Whites?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.