Author: linda_sun

Why did top Tsinghua scientist leave for Princeton?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-5-15 18:14:54 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 16:23
I have no romantic views on physiotherapy and am grateful to you for the couple of excellent hints ...

(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 18:18:44 |Display all floors
catherine94 Post time: 2017-5-15 16:46
There is no need to leave the country to earn up big money! Become the forex broker partner and earn ...

You mean I could stand outside the biggest branch of Bank of China in the city with a fistful of counterfeit 100 RMB notes and trade them for US$ ?
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 18:20:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-5-15 17:06
Posting illegal business activities is illegal in our Forum. I reported you twice already.

Meanie!
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 18:50:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jaaja at 2017-5-15 18:53
hi111 Post time: 2017-5-15 17:42
I would have to disagree. Anything truly good that you do for your country, will be good for human ...

Let's take one example. The atomic bomb was developed by scientists in USA specifically for their country (and no other country). It was truly a good deed for the country, as it saved countless lives of US soldiers by speeding up the surrender of Japanese empire, and making it unnecessary to invade the main islands.

Over the decades, how much good has the A-bomb done to humanity? Or how much good does it continue to do?

I believe that science can, sooner or later has to, and eventually will, work for the humanity alone and disregard all national barriers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 20:29:42 |Display all floors
fatdragon Post time: 2017-5-15 18:18
You mean I could stand outside the biggest branch of Bank of China in the city with a fistful of c ...

I mean that you can attract clients and get money for this ;)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-15 20:35:30 |Display all floors
catherine94 Post time: 2017-5-15 20:29
I mean that you can attract clients and get money for this ;)

I could roll up my trousers and do a dance.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-5-16 00:14:39 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2017-5-15 18:50
Let's take one example. The atomic bomb was developed by scientists in USA specifically for their c ...

Your post is really hard to read and swallow, because you are twisting logic, and you do it with arrogance. You act like you know what you're talking about, but you don't.

Your problem is, you really can't distinguish right from wrong, good from bad. It must be all that communist indoctrination. On the contrary. Do you think 2 wrongs make a right? I don't. Hence, I wouldn't call the atomic bomb a "good deed." I would call it being stuck in a karmic cycle of violence, that they had "no choice" but to return violence for violence.

I did agree with the US bombing Japan to put an end to the war. But do I think it was right? NO. Do I believe it was a good thing to do? NO. I believed there were better alternatives, but do I blame the US? NO. Because it did force the surrender of Japan. But it was a bad way to achieve peace, and hence I wouldn't call it something the US should be proud of, but I don't know any Americans who are proud of that anyway. If it is something "truly good," you should be proud of it, right? But to be proud of killing people, no matter the reason, I really think, is a mark of a psychopath. To think killing people is a good thing, because it achieves peace, is also a mark of a psychopath. But hey, no wonder you people support the death penalty.

Science is just like religion. Hard to be put for the good of humanity. If you don't think religion can help people, then science can't, either. You are naive if you think there is freedom of thought in the sciences. Science is just as dogmatic as religion these days. Science is just something to do in life, and it can help people live more comfortably, and it can help people become healthier, but these days, it's not even achieving these simple goals. Look at all the fat and lazy people in the world. So what science can't do, is science can't help people achieve happiness. Only spirituality can do that.

Anyway, I give up. I'm moving on. Good luck to you and your friends.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.