Author: senoritazhao

Tillerson promises new policy on North Korea   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2017-3-18 10:23:35 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-18 09:43
...yeah, sure, and N Korea should be given licence to kill all escaped N Koreans in Malaysia, Thai ...

the US does the same albeit more sophisticated.. drones

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 10:25:56 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2017-3-18 10:22
...It is time China and the USA ELIMINATED this unneccessary Korean nuisance!...

N Korea is a buf ...

I wouldn't recommend ANY country doing ANYTHING jointly with the US at this time.  

Not while Trump is in office.  How could you trust the US?  If you believe we still deserve credibility, than let me introduce you to our new dear leader....

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 11:44:11 |Display all floors
North And South Korea are still technically at war with each other. North Korea has the largest standing military, next to China's, in East Asia. The ONLY thing preventing North Korea from going in and rolling over the South, is the presence of the United States military.

If the United States pulls out of South Korea, the North is going to be in there so fast that even Beijing will be saying WTF just happened? And, it will not be a peaceful takeover, either. South Korea's leaders are going to be forced to either support the Kim terrorists or be killed (Kim loves to use an AA-gun for this little bit of entertainment), Anyone who opposes the North Korean army will be shot, including entire generations of families. Kimmy will re-invent the definition of genocide.

China? China won't do anything to stop it, either. China will mass troops on the border to shoot anyone who tries to enter the country to get away from the killing. She might telephone Kimmy and say they strongly disagree with his methods, and if he doesn't stop, there will be a great  amount of crying, sobbing, and gnashing of teeth in Beijing, but that's about it.

If Kim gets free reign in attacking the south, he'll make Ratko Mladic, Radovan Karadzic, and  Slobodan Milosevic look like perfect little angels.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damned near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 17:09:10 |Display all floors
Many of the comments here echo my own opinions as stated in various blogs . Moves towards a resolution to the problem of the DPRK rest with China. Any other countries actions will be ignored or will escalate tensions. China needs a buffer between them and Western influenced countries. They will be reluctant to change this, yet the Kim regime is an embarrassment. Only China can make a real difference without creating conflict. With the reactionary government of Trump's America I fear that any decisions made by them will be ineffective at best, and explosive at worst.
The Kim regime is coming to an end. It is impossible to maintain their grip on their people with modern communications and the hidden but real feelings of many DPRK leaders against the Kim family. This is seen in the desperate attempts to purge such movement recently.
But I fear America will play into the hands of Kim's regime, proving that they are a threat and so upholding the need for military forces in the DPRK and creating support for their actions.
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 23:11:27 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2017-3-17 20:52
You give the phrase "independent Korea" a very new and unique meaning.

I think it's quite likely that China would permit a reasonable and cooperative Korea about as much independence as the USA permits Canada. And we are far from uncomfortable uner our American protection and tutelage. Well, the disaster of Donald Trump has raised SOME anxiety. All China wants from Korea is military cooperation, lots of trade, help in modern industry (ROK is far ahead), and no disorder.
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 23:14:00 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2017-3-17 16:29
I agree that N. Korea lies in China's area of influence.  Its on China to contain or try a regime  ...

Agreed
Without World Government we are DOOMED.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2017-3-18 23:45:30 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2017-3-17 22:04
Now, many will find my solution for the Korea problem overwhelmingly-favorable to China and a gre ...

Excellent, analytic, indepth, diplomatic, balanced and workable approach to be discussed to seek solutions that will be acceptable to ensure that the entire problem will be put to rest diplomatically.
Salute you, sir!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.