Views: 16483|Replies: 38

How to make our education more beautiful? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-9-16 23:47:40 |Display all floors

Recently great changes have taken place on education system!  Just in our vocational school,Two old buildings have been well decorated  and one new teaching buildings are under construction; Dozens of new heavy machines are equipped into the workshop for students‘ training in practice lessons. It is said every year each student can get three-thousand-Yuan of scholarship from the government! ’ ----------That is really inspiring for the development of our special cause!

But I also  think it is no use to always say good words about ourselves since that is a kind of self-cheating!  ---------I dislike any sort of flattering  on serious thing!

As an ordinary teaching with white hair,I do have some silly writings on schooling that is my true feeling on career! -----------Now I launch this thread to post more interesting stories that may be good for the current education reform!

Thanks for your reading and I am looking forward to opinion and advice!
See you latter!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-16 23:49:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2016-9-17 00:13

Is it directly get approval without verification?

This topic looks like huge stone that lies on the bottom of the Huang-he River and I want to touch it through risky diving!
It is a bit later for me since I have to go to bed.      So much for tonight.

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-17 08:37:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by SEARU at 2016-9-17 12:18

From that Spring Festival Gala of CCTV, the Mongolia song titled  ‘The three lucky treasures’ became quite popular all over China!  I have listened to it for about hundreds of times since then up to now because its music along with the song-words could really touch the bottom of the heart! -----------The original singers were a couple and their 'daughter‘ who were from one family. In the song the kid asked her parents about stars,the Moon and the Sun;  How about leaves, flowers and fruits; and then how to think of themselves in a 'childish' way! ----------Listening to the moving song, we can see that different nations have different methods to educate their children!

Even to basic ordinary nouns, English and Chinese give us different notes:  For an example ‘hand’ or 'carrot’
Hand is the end part of your arm with which you can pick up things (in English);
Hand is shown with a picture of human painting it seems  ‘ hand is hand’ in Chinese!

Language is the tool that helps you to think!
English can offer kids a good spade (language weapon)  with which they can dig out a red ‘carrot’ for their new concept  that is growing deep under the ground with earth! ;
Chinese teachers including me are forced to tell pupils to remember that ‘Carrot grows in earth!’  or ‘carrot is carrot’--------

Billions of families have kinds of versions of lectures on the same basic thing! -------Dictionary acts like the parents of the whole nation who should give their children a reasonable noting to the simple knowledge! ----------It is a pity for all, I have noticed that our dictionary is poor for the role! )

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-17 12:58:32 |Display all floors
In Chinese, we have a popular idiom (囫囵吞枣)-------------To swallow down the whole Chinese date without careful chewing letting alone spitting out its hard core inside!

Chinese teachers often use this phrase to critisize someone who is not serious on homework. ---------I think is fit for themselves including those authors of some textbooks!

Newton‘s theory on movement should not be so difficult to learn that had taken me years to get the full understanding to it.  -----------Thanks to that english dictionary which told me 'Force” is ‘trying to make something change’ that is equal to 迫 in Chinese that is not 力(strength);   
If you take F  in the formula ( F=ma ) as 迫,  that would be easier for Chinese students to understand the deep theory of physics!  

In this sense,力学 (strength science) should be called 迫学 (force science)! ???

It was too late for me to get the shining key-like 'F' ----------That is the real key to unlock the door to Newton‘s home! --------------I hate the poor 'tour-guide' who had mis-led me for so many years!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-18 02:39:03 |Display all floors
Well, you asked for some opinion and advice. I have neither, but am offering you some suggestions about your English:
1] You must not begin a new sentence after a comma, or a semi-colon. Only afeer a period [.] you may do so.
2] The expression is: 'See you later', and not 'see you latter'.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-18 05:18:24 |Display all floors
1105852048 Post time: 2016-9-18 02:39
Well, you asked for some opinion and advice. I have neither, but am offering you some suggestions ab ...

thanks for your help! you are good friend!
(with cellphone)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-18 09:56:33 |Display all floors
I have spent 5 years trying to change drab, cold and empty classrooms and offices into exciting and beautiful places of learning and work. The useless slogans on the walls have been replaced with posters and pictures, students work and records of success. The school offices have become comfortable places of work with plants and personal pictures on walls, as well as forward planning calendars. In the school where I am based, we have a five year plan to bring everything up to modern standards. The renovations and building work here at the moment is a wonderful nuisance!  There is a growing understanding of how children learn... the problem is often parents who do not understand. China will be a beautiful place when it is finished
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.